When your family member is suffering from incapacity due to either a medical condition or an accident, it may be necessary to establish a guardianship to ensure that the incapacitated person’s property and personal affairs will be properly handled. If your minor child has or will receive assets due to inheritance or proceeds of a settlement, a guardianship may need to be established for oversight of the funds for the minor’s benefit until they reach the age of majority. 

Folds, Walker & Maltby attorneys are experienced with establishing guardianships for incapacitated adults, special needs children, or children whose parents pass away leaving significant assets to the child. Our attorneys understand the sensitive and often complex nature of situations leading to the necessity of the establishment of a guardianship or guardianship advocate, and are committed to helping clients address the challenges that arise throughout the process to find solutions.


S. Scott Walker
Managing Partner

L. Alison Walker